Rotary Club of Springfield Southeast, MO
2011-2012 Club Service
· Received the Rotary International Presidential Citation Award and the Changemaker Award.
· Held our annual Club Assembly, the Shrimp Feed.
· Introduced 26 new members, ending the year with 226.
· Co-sponsored, along with the other Springfield Rotary Clubs, a Joint Luncheon on May 16. Kevin Compton, Radar Partners/NHL San Jose Sharks spoke.
· Presented Lend-A-Hand Awards to Lori Barnes, Irwin Cohen and Gerry Lee.
· Held the Annual Holiday event at the Veridian Events Center.
· Held several social events; including, a Golf Tournament, Float Trip, a BrewFest, and an event at the Springfield Cardinals.
· Held four evening GYM fellowship events to encourage attendance and fellowship.
· Offered an improved Guest program for qualified potential members through the Membership Development Committee.
· Made revisions to the Club’s classification system.
· Initiated a monthly new member lunch to acclimate our newest members.
2011-2012 Community Service
· Provided leadership for the 13th Annual Rock’n Ribs BBQ Festival, which benefits the children of the Ozarks.
· Co-sponsored the 25th Annual Rotary Basketball Tournament and raised $14098.12 for Special Olympics.
· Members participated in the 17th Annual “Miracle of Giving” blood drive competition among local Rotary clubs in December. Broke the record for the most donors from a single club during the Rotary Blood Drive.
· Installed a new play feature at the club’s K-Park. The replica of the Springfield Wagon featured a slide.
· Sponsored a new Interact Club at Glendale High School.
· Projects Grants: $1,511 for Cowden Elementary Listening Center. $975 for Discovery Center Early Childhood Education. $500 to Sporting Chance for athlete sponsorship. $1750 to Child Advocacy Center for exams. $1000 to the ARC for sports equipment. $1000 to Wish I May for books for birthday packets. $2500 to Ronald McDonald House at Mercy for ice machine. $2115.76 to Isabel’s House for fingerprinting.
· Contributed man hours to help with the Joplin Tornado Relief.
2011-2012 Vocational Service
· Held two Fellowship Luncheons, where members had lunch at members’ business locations.
· Selected the Rotarian of the Year award.
· Annual vocational service awards recognized the Springfield Teacher of the Year, and outstanding law enforcement and public safety personnel from the Springfield Police Department, Springfield Fire Department, and Greene County Sheriff’s Office.
2011-2012 International Service
· Celebrated 100% Every Rotarian Every Year participation.
· Increased the number of Paul Harris Fellows by 15 to a total of 382. Gave $145,360.31 to the Rotary Foundation, including bequest gifts. Total giving to the Rotary Foundation, since the club’s inception, is over $718,000.00.
· We had a total of 69 Benefactors. New Benefactors included: David Yaktine, Sam Hamra and Bill Brell.
· Held a weekly raffle and donated $5355.18 to the worldwide PolioPlus campaign.
· Participated in the hosting of the Group Study Exchange (GSE) team from Italy.
· Sponsored Stephanie Brown as a member of the Group Study Exchange Team to Italy.
· Nominated Case Van Arkel for the District 6080 Ambassadorial Scholarship program.
· Hosted our International Exchange Student, Isabel, from Spain and sponsored our Outbound Exchange Student, Claire, to Belgium.
· Supported the work of Southeast volunteers who traveled to our Twin Club in Tlaquepaque Mexico in February, 2012.
· World Community Service Grants: $440 for District 6080 Panama Baby kits. $220 for District 6080 Panama Water Project. $1685 for Rotary matching grant Chile Dental Project. $2800 to Mathare Child Development Center. $5000 to AGWM for Albino Children’s Facility. $1265 to Chocolate University Fund. $3600 to Convoy of Hope.
2011-2012 Financial Impact
Club Matching Funds
Donations & Bequests
Springfield Wagon for K-Park
Southeast Cash Donations
Southeast In Kind Donations
2011 Charitable Distributions
Don’t Meth with Us