In order to maintain good standing, members must maintain at least 50% attendance and cannot miss 4 or more meetings in a row. Members must attend at least 30% of their home Rotary club’s meetings in each 6 month period. Membership in the club shall automatically terminate if member’s percentage of attendance is less than 50 percent during the first and second six months of the Club’s fiscal year.
Members may make-up at any official Rotary Club meeting within 2 weeks (day of Club meeting through day prior to Club meeting). It is the responsibility of the member to present a make-up card or other proof of attendance to the Executive Administrator. If no such tangible documentation exists, the member must call the Executive Administrator and advise him/her of his made up attendance
Members must fully comply with Rotary International’s attendance policies, including:
· Members are required to attend or make-up at least 50% of the club’s meetings during each six-month attendance period;
· Members are required to attend at least 30% of Southeast Rotary meetings during each six-month period;
· A member may not miss or fail to make-up four consecutive meetings;
· Make-up credit options (within two weeks of a missed meeting) include:
· Attendance at meetings of other Rotary clubs, Rotaract or Interact clubs;
· Attendance at Rotary District or Rotary International functions;
· Attendance at Southeast Rotary Board meetings;
· Attendance at Southeast Rotary committee meetings (according to definition of committee meeting approved by the board);
· Participation in other Rotary-sponsored events (including Rock ‘n Ribs planning activities); and
· Participation in an E-club meeting for at least 30 minutes.
The Rotary Club of Springfield Southeast will accept committee meetings as credit for missed meetings based on the following:
· A definition of a committee meeting-When four of more Rotarians gather to discuss or plan an event or Rotary program. The meeting should be a minimum of 40 minutes and the Chair of the committee should be present.
· Minutes of said meeting should be turned into the executive Administrator with a list of all Rotarians present as soon as possible.
· Members must attend at least 50% of any given meeting in order to be counted in attendance.
The perfect attendance year follows the Rotary Year -- July l - June 30. Leaves of absence will apply to attendance requirements, but not to perfect attendance. (For example, if a member has perfect attendance but requests and receives a leave of absence for one month, that member is exempt from meeting his/her attendance requirements during that month, but that member does not get credit for those meetings toward perfect attendance.)